We welcome you to MPNU where dog learning is fun, positive, and lasting! We have the training solutions for your companion or service pet! My Pet Nanny University is the training division of My Pet Nanny LLC and offers a variety of training options to meet the needs of dogs in all their life stages. Training dogs and their people in the Tampa Bay, Lutz, Wesley Chapel and surrounding areas is our passion.
Simply submit a contact request below if you would like a free review of your training desires and needs.
PUPPY ETIQUETTE TRAINING
Puppies are cute, fun, curious and mischevious and that’s why we love them so! However, it is during this important developmental time when dogs are very impressionable and highly trainable. That is why MPNU works with enrollee’s in Puppy Day School at My Pet Nanny University and offers Puppy Etiquette Training or P.E.T., to take advantage of this awesome time!
- Proven Potty Training Methods
- Why we recommend Crate Training
- Loose Leash Walking
- Puppy Safety Tips
- Puppy’s and little people
- Puppy’s and other fur babies
- Exploring with their mouth’s and bite inhibition
- What’s all the hype about socialization
- Puppy’s basic needs and more
- Why did I get a puppy??? Sleep issues, chewing tips, and other silliness.
- New Behaviors like, sit, stay, don’t run away!
- Help…I have a jumping bean!
WHAT THEY WILL LEARN
- Know what sit means
- Want to walk by your side
- Establish loose leash walking
- Keep all four on the floor
- Know where to potty
- Enjoy their crate
- Be able to lie down on cue
- Learn some impulse controls
- Learn leave it
- Know when to come to you
- Give you their attention
- Learn to nose target
- Have a ton of fun!
BASIC MANNERS TRAINING
Dogs from 6 months and up are often at risk for surrender due to behavior issues which many times translate into learned behaviors needing direction. It is at this time when most trainers are called to assist with a variety of behaviors.
- Nuisance Barking
- Leash Pulling
- Inappropriate elimination
- Rough Play
- Fear of ..oh so many things
- “Mine, Mine, Mine”…Resource Guarding
WHAT THEY WILL LEARN
- Go To Place
- Here (not here, here, here, here!)
- Leave it/Take It
- The nose knows…targeting
- How to walk like a human/loose leash walking tips and tools
- Where the floor is and how to stay on it/four on the floor
- What to do when humans come over/polite greeting skills
- Impulse Control Behaviors
- Classes/topics will vary by participant needs at the discretion of MPNU.
PRIVATE TRAINING SESSIONS
Private training sessions are available at MPNU both in your home and at a pre-determined location. Students enrolled in private training tend to need a variety of behavior issues addressed that will benefit from fewer distractions inherent in the group class.
Loose Leash Walking
Leash reactive behavior like barking or lunging towards other dogs, kids, bikes, etc.
Loud Noise Anxiety
Issues with crating
Recall and escaping
HOW IT WORKS
MPNU provides an intake assessment form to determine the best training options for you and your pet.
Once decided, enrollment and scheduling will be done with Deb Norris.
Training In Action
Watch Deb in Action on WFLA’s Bloom TV!
Contact us for more information
See what all the excitement is about at My Pet Nanny LLC